April 4th

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a great week.

My week started out wonderful but has turned into a crazy zoo . I have gone from one problem to another and I am having trouble catching up with myself.

After a month of being locked out of my daily email I finally got it now today I can’t get in to my business email. MSN has changed to outlook which I never use. I don’t know if that is the problem or what. However, I desperately need to open that account.

On Tuesday it was the printer. Then on Wednesday I though a cartridge for the printer was missing but the stupid printer was shut off because it wouldn’t behave. I finally got the new cartridge in and all appeared to be well on the home front.

Suddenly I received a phone call a senior who I was supposed to be mentoring on her senior project. I hadn’t heard from her since June and thought she didn’t want my help anymore. Suddenly now I have to help this senior have her project which is due by April 13th if she wants to graduate and it is only half done.

I wanted to scream but I didn’t. Now she was to email me a copy of her manuscript for me to edit. That’s the email I can’t get into now. I will have to call her after school gets out and find out if she sent it as it wasn’t there last night.

I have book signings on April 19th and 20th and that time couldn’t be any busier for me if I tried.

To top it off the weather won’t cooperate and now we are going to have rain storms which means we run the risk of power outages.

In the meantime I am trying to edit my own manuscript around everyone else’s schedule.

My son is looking for work and his mood isn’t always the best but I can understand as there is nothing worse than job hunting.

Today my stomach feels like it is tied up in knots. I don’t want a senior to fail but good grief we had all summer and fall to really work on it.

I am praying that nothing else unexpected comes up in the meantime. I am pretty good about rolling with the punches but since I have retired I like my own quiet house and my own little routine.

Our mail resumed today but I don’t think it will last long as the people across the street now have a pug puppy. Nothing against pugs but these people don’t train their dogs nor do they ever put them on a leash.

Last night it chased one of the senior citizens down the street and we had a battle in my front yard.

I somehow don’t think it’s going to be a quiet summer. I think I need to go on let’s make a deal and win a vacation.

In the meantime my girlfriend who had knee surgery is starting to panic because she only has three weeks before she goes back to work or risks loosing her job. She’s had one problem after another and doesn’t feel like it’s going to be as ready as it should be. I keep telling her one day at a time but she doesn’t think that way. The most peaceful part of the day is enjoying my cats. However, I didn’t even get to watch my favorite television show last night because of a phone call.

Yesterday I wanted to work on some poetry and there was no way that was going to happen so today I am going to have to get busy but I sure wish the sun was out to energize me.

Instead it is grey, cold and dreary.

I did manage yesterday to sneak in a bath when the house was quiet and enjoy relaxing for about an hour and it felt oh so good.

I may be hiding more in the bathtub if the week doesn’t improve.

Well I have one cat asleep and one who appears to be looking to be fed. Boy the weather has changed their eating habits and they are eating me out of house and home. They aren’t sleeping as much and they are playing and running more.  That will slow down when it gets hot as they will want to sleep a lot.

However, this is not the week to run out of cat food. I couldn’t handle that.

I miss the birds chirping today. Yesterday it sounded so nice and I am so glad to have the birds returning. I can’t wait until the leaves are full on the tree and I can listen to the birds everyday. I love having the birds around even though it drives my cats crazy because they can’t get outside to get at them.

Well they opened the canal waters this week and the farmers are happy as soon they will be able to irrigate. Right now they are doing the early seeding. Yes farm work has picked up and people are busy.

Once farming starts there is little time for anything else except on Sunday. They work from sunrise until they finish. Then they fall into bed and start again the next day. It sure isn’t bankers hours.

You have to appreciate those that are willing to work with the soil and turn it into something productive. It takes a lot of planning, skill, hard work and cooperation from mother-nature.  I hope that this year the farmers will be blessed with good crops as they all need it.

It is time from droughts and floods to end and people to come together and help each other out.

One thing about living in Idaho is you can always make a meal out of a potato.

Well it’s time for me to go for now as I need to get started on some other work before the day gets away from me.

So until next time 🙂




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: